How to declutter a room in 10 easy steps.
Decluttering can be such a big task that sometimes it's hard to know where to begin.
Here are 10 methodical steps that you can take to help you clear your space.
Start with the easiest room first. Take a few minutes to assess the room and decide what needs to be decluttered and what can stay
- Focus on one area at a time. Start in one corner of the room and work your way across it.
- Sort your items into three piles: keep, donate, and throw away.
- Make sure to keep only what you love and need. Don’t keep things just because they’re sentimental.
- Keep only the necessary items. If you have multiple items that serve the same purpose, keep only one.
- Utilize storage solutions. Shelves, bins, and baskets can help you store items in an organized way.
- Find a home for everything. Make sure each item has a designated place so you can quickly find what you need.
- Label all storage containers. This will help you stay organized and find things quickly.
- Clean as you go. Wipe down surfaces, vacuum floors, and dust as you declutter each area.
- Repeat the process in each room. Once you’ve decluttered one room, move on to the next.
Take one room at a time and then work through this list and before you know it - your home will be a lot less cluttered and you will feel so much more comfortable.
If you are considering selling this year - I'd love to help you
Please give me a call and lets talk about the best time to sell your home.
Susan Johnson - 704-651-9023
Photo by RODNAE Productions: https://www.pexels.com/photo/a-woman-sitting-in-front-of-cardboard-boxes-8580802/