Our lives are spent looking after others and often we wake up in the morning exhausted and wondering how we are going to get through our day.
Here are a few point to help you take care of you!
TAKE A BREATHER
- Spend your lunch hour or downtime after work surrounded by nature.
- Water the garden - the noise of the water and the distraction of doing something so different will help you escape from daily life.
- On occasional weekends, leave the city altogether for hiking, skiing or a trip to the beach.
BLACK OUT YOUR ROOM
- Consider adding black out window shades,
- If that's not practical - buy some comfy eye masks
- Earplugs can help with blotting out noise that can wake you up during the night
- Do your pets sleep on your bed? Maybe they are your comfort, but they could also be disturbing you. Perhaps close your door or crate your dog.
- Get moving with a regular exercise plan
- Be mindful of the location you choose
- Avoid your city’s most congested sidewalks and paths.
- Walk with a friend or neighbor for an extra boost to your mental health.
SPEND TIME DOING THINGS YOU LOVE
- Read a good book for even 10 minutes a day
- Learn something new
- Take yourself to the local coffee shop and enjoy your own space
- Join a meetup group, preferably one that meets in person so you can meet new people with the same interests as you.
- Listen to a podcast
- Journal - that clears your mind
Take care of yourself first, so that you can take care of others.
My joy is to take care of your home sale. If you are considering selling your home - let me help you.
Call or Text Susan 704-651-9023 or email Susan@homecarolinas.com