Air Conditioning Maintenance
As we prepare for the long summer months it is a good time to consider having your air conditioning maintenance scheduled.
Your technician will have a system he uses to ensure that your air conditioner runs optimally.
Here are some of the things you can do to keep the air conditioner maintained:
- Oil the blower motor and fan on both the condensing and the evaporation units annually.
- Keep the condensing-unit pan free of bugs, leaves and dirt.
- Check the tension on the condensing and evaporation unit blower fan belts each spring.
- Inspect the blower ducts and joints for leaks and insulation slippage annually.
- Clean or replace air filters frequently.
- Keep the blower motor fan blade free of mold and mildew.
- Set your a/c fan speed on high except when it’s humid.
- Use a whole-house attic fan.
- Set your thermostat as high as comfortably possible in the summer.
- Don't place electronic equipment near your air-conditioning thermostat.
With proper maintenance, you can extend the life of your air conditioning unit
Considering buying or selling a home? Let my experience help you!